Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lysol(R) Power & Free(TM) Review



I used the wipes and cleaner on multiple surfaces and rooms in my home. The packaging on both products is very nice and eye-catching. The advertising of the smell and hydrogen peroxide activation was the first thing that caught my eye. The wipes container was very easy to open, and the center wipe was easy to find and thread, unlike many other brands I've tried in the past. The spray bottle was very easy to use as well. The nozzle has an on/off feature for safety that I really like and the trigger is easy to squeeze. My initial thoughts on the line are positive. I hadn't used either product before but have experiences with other Lysol products so I had very high hopes for this line.

I used the wipes first, specifically in my kitchen on the island. My initial reaction was the smell. I really didn't like the smell of the wipes as it was more chemical than I had anticipated. It did a very good job of cleaning the island which had some stuck on food and residue (specifically flour and dough from making stromboli). I did have to scrub some to get the food off, but it still did a good job cleaning. I really like that the wipe didn't leave any residue. The next place I used the wipe was on the kitchen sink. This is an area of my kitchen that gets used constantly; therefore, always needs some additional attention. It did a good job cleaning and disinfecting the sinks. I didn't have to use too much force or pressure to get them clean. Since the wipes don't leave residue, I think these wipes would be great to use on childrens' desks in classrooms.


After being pretty happy with the wipes, I couldn't wait to try the spray! I first used it in the bathrooms on the sinks and toilets. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the results and ease of use! My initial reaction to the smell was amazing (and wishing the wipes smelled the same!). The citrus scent is light and clean, not at all chemical-like. I liken it to the smell of a plug-in. The spray gives nice coverage when held about 12 inches away (I didn't try it any closer). I had some toothpaste stuck on the faucet of the kids bathroom and contact solution on the sink in my bathroom. I let the spray sit for about a minute and everything wiped off incredibly easy. I didn't have to use any force and very minimal pressure. (I used an old cloth diaper prefold as my rag.) I really like that the spray covers well, doesn't foam, and smells wonderful. I don't feel like I have to air out the house when using it and it's safe to use around the kids. The next place I used the spray was in the kitchen on the counters and sink. It did a really great job cleaning both areas. Again, I didn't have to scrub or apply a lot of pressure to get them clean. My only negative experience with the spray is when used on stainless steel sinks, it leaves a film. What I mean by this is that the sink is left looking dull. Normally when using other cleaners, my sink is pretty shiny. I don't know if that has something to do with a chemical found in those other cleaners but I have to be honest and say that it really doesn't bother me so much that I wouldn't continue using it.

Here's the before and after shots of my kitchen sink:




All in all I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with this line and will definitely continue using it!


♥Courtney♥

Although I was given the opportunity to try these products for free as a BzzAgent, the above opinions and experiences are 100% mine. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment